Casual/Permanent Part Time
iDeliver is Canterbury’s leading same-day courier service, offering pickup and delivery services from Timaru to Waipara and everywhere in between.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a role, or a couple roles, to fill a number of smaller delivery runs.
These include the following:
Thursday & Friday – 5.15pm start for approximately 2-3 hours*
Saturday – 3pm start for approximately 2 hours*
Tuesday – Flexible morning start, with approximately 5-6 hours
Tuesday – Flexible afternoon start, with approximately 2-3 hours
Thursday – 9am start, for approximately 5-7hrs
Friday (On Call) – Flexible morning start, with approximately 3-5 hour
There are a number of mixed runs in need of cover, and happy to look at mix and matches with a number of candidates, on a mix of Casual or Permanent Part-time contracts.
* These runs allow for you to drive your own vehicle should you wish, with milage reimbursement each pay cycle.
This position is available with an immediate start with a starting rate of $23.70p/h for the successful applicant.
We need an honest, reliable and courteous Delivery Driver with good attention to detail to join our team.
- Hold a clean, Full, Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License.
- You must be physically and mentally fit, healthy & agile.
- Have a “can do” attitude & be someone who thrives on a challenge!
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, and be able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent people skills – you will be interfacing with a broad range of clients.
- You must adhere to our Health & Safety Procedures & Regulations including our Drug & Alcohol and Safe Driving Policies. This includes a pre-employment basic health checkup + Drug & Alcohol screening test.
- You must disclose all criminal convictions unless covered by the Clean Slate Act 2004 and see the Ministry of Justice website for further information.
- You must be a permanent NZ Resident or hold a sufficient work visa.
Nice to haves:
- Courier experience is an advantage, but not required – full training will be provided
- Be familiar with Christchurch – we provide GPS and routing software.
- Familiar with technology including iPad & iPhone – full training will be provided.
- Ideally, you would be living in or near Christchurch City as this position starts and finishes in this area.
Applications Close 6 pm Friday 27th October 2023, unless filled prior